Sunday, February 21, 2010


Wow the big 5 0...Yikes! Well my son convinced me that we had to have a Birthday Cake for my birthday. He has been bugging me about tasting fondant! We watch way too many Food Network shows and he keeps seeing fondant being rolled out and put on the cakes. So the day before my Birthday, we headed out to Kake Kreations in Canoga Park and bought their white cake mix, buttercream frosting mix, purple fondant and a couple of gum paste flowers. Well this is the first time that I have made a cake without eggs. The cake smelled amazing. We invited my sister and her daughter over to help finish the cake...good thing, we needed my sister to roll out the fondant, she is so much stronger than I am! Well we stayed up until midnight finishing the cake, but it was well worth it. The whole family loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment