Monday, November 15, 2010

New Card and Mini Purse for my Friend's 50th Bday!!

Here is my Black and White Easel Card and Mini Purse that I made for my friend's 50th Birthday.  The Purse was the perfect size for a beautiful sparkly necklace from Brighton.
You can buy a copy of this template from Creations by AR... CLICK HERE.  She has some beautiful templates.  I downloaded the template, imported into Sure Cuts a Lot and then cut!!!  It was so easy. 
I just love this beautiful black and white damask paper.  All of the black accents have been run through my cuttlebug with the swirls folder.  The great part about this purse template, is it comes with the little coin purse and the inside pocket.  Since my black and white paper was only one sided, I cut another template of the purse from another color and lined the purse.

I tucked a Starbucks gift card in the interior pocket and of course a shiny new coin in the coin purse.  I was told when you give a purse (cloth or paper) you should always insert a new coin in the purse so that the receiver of the gift will always have money in their purse.  Hopefully it is not all coins, they get kind of heavy!! LOL.  The brads are pearl bards that I got at Michaels and the tiny pearls are from Martha Stewart.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid, the pearls are pearl flourishes are from Michaels and the Can Can Girl is named Babette from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps, you can get her HERE
I used Copic markers, Just Rite Stamps and lots of crystal glitter for her skirt.

Since I was mailing this gift to my friend, I wanted to have an envelope to put the card in, but since it had flowers, there was no way to fit it.  I just made up my own template for this box.  I used acetate and sandwiched it between the black paper and the black and white paper so that it did not show on the inside.  I think it came out beautiful!!  I hope you like it. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Hugs, Teresa

5 comments:

  1. Beee-uuu-ti-fulll!!! Thanks for sharing. I LOVE black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Teresa...That is SO VERY VERY GORGEOUS!!!! Beautiful job ma'am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. what a nice project and the color combination is great. tks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS AWESOME!!! I love it!! You did a wonderful job on this. So professional!

    dsc105@live.com
    bugjuiced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa, this is gorgeous! Love the black and white paper, and the pearls are the perfect touch! Your friend will LOVE it!

    Hugs,
    Beth
    http://bethsbitsofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete