Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Father's Day Gift Card

I joined a new group on Paper Craft Planet and am so excited about all the new challenges and inspiration.  I love making 3D projects and Adele at AR Creations has some beautiful templates.  Adele posted a tutorial on making a card that looks like a men's suit.  My version is much larger, my son wanted to put a couple of things inside for his Dad.  What do you think?

The shirt slides into the jacket, or the button opens with velcro..my son wrote a note to his dad on the shirt. 

I used a piece of 12 x 12 designer paper that is black and white from the glitter stack.  Hard to see, but the silver lines are glitter.  I used a button off of an old jacket of mine that I have had in my sewing box forever.


I rounded the bottom of the jacket and the bottom of the shirt by placing a bowl unside down on the paper and drawing a curved line.  It worked really good.  The tie was cut by hand..surprising it is so straight.

Hope you enjoy this project as much as I enjoyed making it!!

Hugs, Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment