Monday, August 22, 2011

Our Prayers are with you! Masculine Card.....

Hi All,  I don't know about you, but I have a really hard time coming up with Masculine cards and gifts.  It's easy for me to add flowers and bows and make it girly, but a masculine card...Yikes!

I have a sick cousin, he has been struggling with blackouts for a while now and they just don't know for sure what is wrong with him.  He also owns a farm that is not doing well, so they are having to sell their farm and move into town.  I made this card, tile and box for him.  Please tell me what you think???
 
I made a card, a tile and a box to hold the tile.  I just love this paper, the greens and browns are so rich...these pictures don't do it justice.  On the card, I used my cuttlebug to make the brown paper with the writing on it...I started out with ivory paper and then ran it through the cuttlebug, then inked it with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain Distressed Inks.  The colors match really well.  The bird cage is a stamp from the Gina K Springtime Stamp collection.  The green ribbon is also from that collection.
Here is the inside of the card.  The sentiment is from a file of tile layouts that I bought from Vinyl Ready Designs.
The box is a envelopbox that I made with a 11 x 11 inches piece of heavy cardstock.  I wrapped the tile in tissue paper and inserted it in the envelopbox.  It fits perfectly.

Finally, I broke out my very neglected Cricut and cut the sentiment in black vinyl.  The letters were very thin and it was really hard to get the vinyl to stay on the mat so that I could put it on transfer paper before putting on the tile.  I love how these tiles look!  I will be making more of these as the holiday get closer.  Wishing you all a wonderful week.  Please keep my cousin in your prayers!  Hugs, Teresa.   

4 comments:

  1. Great card.. I love how your tile look!! Thanks for playing along at Challenges by AR!

    Magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've nailed the masculine card design Teresa! Love the tile gift and it's sentiment. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job with this! Thanks so much for joining us at Challenges by AR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Trying to find people who have die cutting machines to enter a giveaway on my blog for a cutting die. Not many entries and it ends Friday. :)
    http://www.cutesycrafts.com/2013/02/lifestyle-crafts-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete